Are you experiencing unexplained craziness in your life right now? Are you saying the wrong things at the worst times? Are silly discussions escalating to arguments or break-ups, lately? Does everything seem to be just a little left of center? You may be feeling the effects of Mercury in retrograde (reverse). What is Mercury in retrograde or Mercury Retrograde? The best way to explain Mercury retrograde is, to begin with, understanding Mercury.
Mercury governs communication, travel, and technology. It is the fastest moving planet and serves us as a messenger. Mercury helps how we convey and interpret messages from others.
Three or four times every year, Mercury appears to go backward in the sky. When Mercury laps Earth, it’s moving so fast it looks like it has reversed its direction, but it hasn’t. During this time, it is very common for people to feel like their interactions are going haywire. Breathe through it. January 14 – February 3rd is the first Mercury retrograde of 2022. During this time, give yourself permission to take it easy and practice self-care.
How do you survive a Mercury Retrograde?
1. Be prepared for the unexpected. Be prepared for miscommunications, technological meltdowns, and travel mishaps. Allow time in your calendar and schedule for things to go awry. Breathe through it.
2. Understand that things are not what they appear during this period. When you understand that everyone may be experiencing the same uneasiness, offer others more grace. Complain less, be more open to understanding other perspectives. Talk less, listen more. Offer more please (s), thank you (s), and more peace, love, and blessings.
3. Recharge - It is vitally important to recharge your bodies, minds, and spirit. Take a short walk, dance, or exercise for 5 – 10 minutes. Focus on the positive things. Do things to make yourself happy. Light candles/incenses, play music, read inspirational books, and laugh. Make it a point to do something you enjoy every day, several times a day. Daily affirmations work miracles. Place your healing stones in the sunlight for at least 6 hours.
4. Smudge with Sage – Burn sage to help purify any negative thoughts and to clear any negativity from your environment. At the first hint of any negativity, I start burning sage. Open a window or door, then allow the smoke from the sage to touch everything between every corner of your living space. Meditate and pray while smudging. Think positive thoughts and send blessings to anyone who comes to mind.
5. Pray and Meditate – Express gratitude daily. Take the time to acknowledge all the positive things in your life. Expressing gratitude shifts your focus to positive, happy thoughts. Send blessings to anyone who comes to mind.
Last but not least, wear your healing crystals touching your body. Wear as jewelry or place your stones in a bag to pin inside your clothing. For years, I wore my crystals pinned inside my clothing always protecting my heart.
Strategically place your stones in décor around your home. I place protection stones in every corner of my home. I hang healing crystals in windows and place healing stones in beautiful decorative bowls throughout my home.
The retrogrades can add havoc to our lives but it is so temporary. Difficult times are often over in an instant but how we handle difficulty is what lingers. Try to remain flexible and offer warmth freely to those close to you.